Graying Rainbows Episode 12 is an interview with respected LGBT+ historian Dr. Susan Stryker.
Her book “Transgender History” is very highly regarded and brings a valuable perspective to an aspect of LGBT+ history that has been largely invisible. Although she focuses on what happened in the United States after WW2, Stryker also reflects on how Transgender people have been treated by both Feminists and the larger LGBT+ community. The story is eye-opening and full of lessons for us all.
Links and References:
- Susan Stryker, PhD (University of Arizona)
- Transgender History: The Roots of Today’s Revolution by Susan Stryker
- Screaming Queens: The Riot at Compton’s Cafeteria, directed by Victor Silverman and Susan Stryker (Amazon Prime, DVD)
- Send me feedback at email@example.com or post voice feedback at http://speakpipe.com/docartemis.
- IMPORTANT: Graying Rainbows is going to every other Monday so the next episode will come out on February 18,
- To win an Amazon gift certificate: post a review of Graying Rainbows in iTunes and send me a screenshot.
Social Media Links:
Facebook page: https://fb.me/grayingrainbows
Private Facebook Group: