In this episode of Graying Rainbows I talk with Cassandra Contave and Aisha Bonner-Cozad, two researchers who are spearheading research into LGBT+ aging at the AARP. This includes their landmark Maintaining Dignity Study, which highlighted some of the unique challenges facing LGBT+ elders. Besides social isolation many fear discrimination in housing and healthcare. Since the AARP is the largest advocacy group for American Elders their role in advocating for LGBT+ elders is essential.
Links and References:
- Cassandra Contave: National Lead Researcher at AARP: CCantave@aarp.org
- Dr. Nii-Quartelai Quartey:Senior Advisor and National LGBT Liaison at AARP (@drniiquartelai)
- Visit http://aarp.org/pride
- Maintaining Dignity
- Finally Out: Letting Go of Living Straight by Loren A. Olson, MD (Featured in GR 2 and GR 7)
- Rhodes Perry: The Out Entrepreneur (featured in GR 9)
- Sherrill Wayland from SAGE (GR 18)
- Dr. Ikeranda Smith: Psychology Professor and Coach
- Send email to email@example.com or post voice feedback at http://speakpipe.com/docartemis.
- To win an Amazon gift certificate: post a review of Graying Rainbows in iTunes and send me a screenshot.
- Support the show via Patreon
- Sign up for our free newsletter
- Coming soon: Learn more about Dr. Campbell’s new coaching practice
Connect on Social Media: